Tantallon Control Committee Tree Removal Guidelines
1. TCC permission must be obtained prior to removal of any trees with trunks greater than eight inches in diameter.
2. Trees posing an imminent danger to life or property may be cut without prior TCC approval but the TCC must be notified as soon as possible.
3. If 1-2 trees are being cut because of disease or danger to house and approved by the Tantallon Control Committee, no replacement tree is required.
4. If more than 3 trees are being cut down and approved by the Tantallon Control Committee, 1 new tree for every 3 trees cut should be replanted with a comparable younger tree.
5. If any number of trees are cut without prior approval of Tantallon Control Committee and the committee determines the reason for cutting trees was not justifiable, 1 new tree for every tree cut should be replaced with a comparable younger tree.