Tantallon Control Committee Fence Standards
1. Fences must be approved by the Tantallon Control Committee IN ADVANCE of construction.
2. Fences should be no farther forward than the back (rear) corners of the house.
3. Fences should be open rather than closed, low rather than high.
4. Fences should be erected with the good side out (supporting posts on the inside).
5. Large stockade fences in the open (visible from the street) should be stained.
6. Portions of a fence facing the street should be landscaped with evergreen trees or shrubs.
7. Fences along Fort Washington Road must be uniform in appearance (stockade style), and supporting brick pillars must be maintained/rebuilt in the style as originally constructed.